The use of social media is gaining momentum and is touching teen life as they embrace the conversational nature of interactive online media. PewInternet has found following facts about online teenagers.
- 64% of online teenagers between the ages of 12 to 17 engage in at least one type of content creation
- Girls (30%) like to blog more than boys (20%).
- Girls (54%) like to share more images than boys (40%).
- Nearly 20% of teen boys like to share their videos online, in comparison to 10% of girls
- 47% of all teens place their content in public areas where others can see it,
- 89% of those teens receive comments on their content.